Participants will learn about the role and functioning of a Scrum Master in an organization that uses SAFe, gain knowledge about scaling agile principles in the context of a team of agile teams or the entire company. Time is also dedicated to the role of Scrum Masters in the preparation and execution of program ceremonies, such as the Program Increment (PI) planning, as well as their role in PI execution.
12 hours of training
3 hours of preparation (recommended)
Certification exam: YES
Language: ENG, SK, CZ
- Learn about the role and functioning of a Scrum Master in an organization that uses the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) for product development
- Learn how to apply SCRUM in a SAFe environment
- Gain knowledge about scaling agile principles in the context of a Team of Teams or the entire company
- Understand the importance of the role of Scrum Masters in the preparation and execution of program ceremonies, such as Program Increment (PI) planning as well as PI execution, and try coaching agile teams to improve performance towards maximizing delivered business value
- Prepare for the SAFe® Scrum Master certification
- A workbook with all the materials presented during the course (in a digital or paper form – depending on the course form – online/onsite)
- One-year membership in the SAFe® Community Platform
- Certificate of course completion
- Entitlement to one free attempt at completing the SAFe® Scrum Master examination within 30 days of completing the course
The course is designed in particular for Scrum Masters, agile coaches and team leaders.
The course requires no prior knowledge. However, we recommend the following minimum experience for those participants who wish to take the SAFe® Scrum Master certification exam:
- Awareness of Agile practices
- Experience with the Scrum methodology
During the first day of the training, you will practically try and go through everything that the Scrum method entails.
- Introduction to Scrum in the SAFe framework
- Characteristics of the Scrum Master role
- Facilitating specific iterations
During the second day you will learn and experience how a Scrum Master works in a scaled agile environment.
- Planning a Program Increment, i.e. PI Planning
- Completing a Program Increment
- How Scrum Master works in a scaled agile environment
- How to become a certified SAFe® Scrum Master
19. 04. - 20. 04.
|29 000 CZK + VAT||Sign up|
The SAFe® Scrum Master certification exam is not taken during this course; however, each participant will have one attempt at the exam within 30 days of completing the course.
- Title: SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM)
- Language: English
- Format: multiple choice
- Completion mode: web-based (single browser), closed book rule, assistance of another person is not allowed
- Access to exam: candidates may start the certification exam from the SAFe Community Platform; a completion of the SAFe® Scrum Master course is a pre-condition
- Exam duration: 90 minutes
- Number of questions: 45
- Pass limit: 34 correct answers (75%)
Upon successful completion of the exam, you will receive:
- SAFe® 5 Scrum Master Certificate
- One-year certification membership as a SAFe Scrum Master, which includes access to the Scale Agile Community of Practice
- Access to a variety of interesting study materials useful in implementing the SAFe methodological framework in your company
- The SSM certification is valid for 1 year from issuance
- If you take another SAFe® certification exam (e.g. SAFe® Product Owner, RTE, ...) before your certificate expires, it will automatically renew for another year